MSL Senior Div 2

27th Sept 2020 at GACA

Riverstown – 3

Carrigtwohill United – 2

On Sunday Morning, the Senior Team travelled to the unbeaten Riverstown looking to get another win under their belt. It was all Riverstown in the opening exchanges, but Ethan Daly-Harkin and Andrew Knowles were keeping their defence and midfield well disciplined.

After 15 minutes, Carrigtwohill got a free kick just inside the opposition half and Billy Manning delivered a lovely ball that was flicked on by Patrik Keyes to Andrew McMahon who headed home! 1-0 to the away side!

Riverstown now had to come again and they were restricted to a few long range efforts which were dealt with by Peter O’Brien in goals. However, they equalised with a good header from a corner. 1-1 after 38 minutes and it stayed this way until the break.

The 2nd half started with both teams believing that 3 points were up for grabs. Carrigtwohill were getting their foot on the ball more now with Kevin Daly at left back getting the ball to Ian Murphy and Michael Furlong in the middle of the park as the game started to open up.

Both James Furlong on the right and Zach Casagranda on the left were seeing more of the ball but Riverstown were looking just as dangerous and went ahead with 60 minutes on the clock after a cross in from the right was met with another Riverstown head! 2-1 to the home side.

Shortly after this Carrigtwohill found themselves 3-1 down after the Riverstown midfielder picked the ball up in the centre of the pitch and finished into the bottom corner!

Carrigtwohill now had to push on. Andrew McMahon won a header and after good pressure by James Furlong, the ball fell to Patrik Keyes to pass into an empty net. 3-2 with 15 minutes left to try and grab an equaliser! Robert Adam and Abdul Rahim were brought on and were seeing good ball on both sides of the pitch.

Peter O Brien was called into action a couple of more times as Carrigtwohill threw everyone forward in search of an equaliser, but despite getting a late free kick and putting in some dangerous crosses, they just couldn’t find a deserved equaliser and the match ended 3-2 to the home side.

Macroom at home next week where they will look to get back to winning ways.

Man of the match: Michael Furlong