Week beginning May 25th – CUFC training schedule
What is important this week is to get into the habit of doing something most days ?
Why most days? It is because we are spending so much more time at home and are therefore sedentary and it is not great irrespective of what age we are. During the normal circumstances, we go to work, to school, we go for walks etc…so it is OK to train only once or twice a week, but at the moment, we need to be more active.
It is also very useful to help us feel well despite the restrictions so, try to do something most days = one decent warm up and one exercise, for instance:
• Monday: Warm up + one static passing and receiving exercise to work on your side footed, lofted and threaded passing on the spot – see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6R44j29h3w
• Tuesday: Warm up + One 1v1 exercise of your choice – see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKbUcm7NrM
• Wednesday: Warm up + One specific individual skill exercise, headers, volleys – see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGw95HP9fWo
• Thursday: Warm up + one technical session – eg: throw ins, long kicks, shielding – see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeF60wp-Onc
• Friday: Warm up + One passing and receiving on the move exercise – see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izXyjZAUYVQ
• Saturday: Warm up + One fitness or mobility exercise with many repeats – see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxIjknezA2Q
• Rest or light recovery work out
That is unless your coach has sent you specific ideas on what to work on. I know the Under 10s have their specific programme this week.